Challenging Categorization in Migration Policy and Research
With a keynote by prof. Dvora Yanow, Wageningen University
The Dutch Association for Migration Research (DAMR) & the University of Amsterdam’s Institute for Migration & Ethnic Studies (IMES) invite you for the DAMR Fall Meeting 2017.
This meeting aims to bring together research that challenges categories of policy and practice, as well as categories of analysis in current migration research.
Papers can focus on but are not limited to questions like:
What are the dynamics and effects of categorization in migration policy and research?
- How are research categories and policy categories connected, and what are the consequences of these connections?
- How can migration research study and scrutinize existing categories of policy, practice and analysis?
- What is the role of academics in the (re)production of categories?
- Does more complexity lead to better categorization?
- How to balance different indicators of good categorization in migration research? (transparency, precision, consistency, resonance, ...?)
See here for the full program and the abstracts to be discussed.
Registration is required. Please register by sending an email to Laura Cleton at email@example.com no later than 22 October 2017.
Roeterseilandcampus - building I (CREA)
Nieuwe Achtergracht 168-178 | 1018 WV AmsterdamGo to detailpage